The new home for a growing young family introduces a fresh take on traditional East-coast Shingle Style architecture. The open floor plan allows for contemporary living, while seamless integration between the main living spaces of the house and the backyard outdoor living spaces optimizes enjoyment during the warm seasons.
Modern home design is always evolving and when you’re in the process of building a new home, there are certain must-haves that should be taken into consideration. Here are 10 design must-haves to think about when building a new home:
1. Open Floor Plan - An open floor plan allows flexibility for movement and provides a great space for entertaining.
2. Natural Light - Make the most of natural light by incorporating large windows and skylights into your home design.
3. Outdoor Living Space - Having an outdoor living space allows for more flexibility in entertainment, relaxation, and enjoyment of your property.
4. Smart Home Technology - Automated systems provide convenience and security in your home. Write more here
5. Spacious Bathrooms - Having a large bathroom with multiple sinks and plenty of counter space makes it easier to get ready for the day or night out.
6. Ample Storage Space - From closets and cabinets to pantries, make sure you have enough storage for all of your belongings.
7. Natural Materials - Incorporating natural materials such as wood, stone, and metal can bring warmth and character to your home.
8. Unique Features - Adding unique features such as a statement fireplace or custom lighting can give your home a personal touch.
9. Energy Efficiency - When possible, use energy efficient appliances and systems that will help reduce your carbon footprint while saving you money.
10. Durability - Invest in durable materials and finishes that will stand the test of time and look great for years to come. With these design must-haves in mind, you can create a home that is tailored to your unique style and needs. Whether you’re looking for the perfect layout or searching for eco-friendly products, make sure you are taking the time to plan out your dream home. With a few thoughtful choices, you can create a stunning space that is sure to impress for years to come.Posted by Shawn Clayton on